Radiation Tolerant, Photo-Transistor Hermetic Surface Mount Optocoupler
Skyworks Solutions Inc.
The OLS449 is specifically designed for high reliability and space applications that require optical isolation in radiation environments such as gamma, neutron, and proton radiation with a high CTR and low saturation VCE. Each optocoupler consists of an LED and N-P-N silicon photo-transistor that is electrically isolated, but optically coupled inside a hermetic six-pin Leadless Chip Carrier (LCC) package.
Electrical parameters are similar to the JEDEC registered 4N49 optocoupler, but with a higher CTR and better CTR degradation characteristics due to radiation exposure. The OLS449 is designed for a low LED operating current while providing excellent radiation tolerance margins. The OLS449 has 100 percent high reliability screenings available.
- High Current Transfer Ratio (CTR) is guaranteed
- Same reliable processing and construction as the OLS249, but with a higher CTR
- High reliability screenings are available
- Current - DC Forward (If) (Max):40mA
- Current - Output / Channel:50mA
- Input Type:DC
- Mounting Type:Surface Mount
- Number of Channels:1
- Operating Temperature:-55°C ~ 125°C
- Output Type:Transistor with Base
- Package / Case:6-CLCC
- Rise / Fall Time (Typ):25µs, 25µs (Max)
- Supplier Device Package:6-CLCC (6.22x4.32)
- Voltage - Forward (Vf) (Typ):1.7V (Max)
- Voltage - Isolation:1000VDC
- Voltage - Output (Max):65V