THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - May 5, 2015
Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Electronics, the industry leader in electronic component selection, availability and delivery, today announced its new and improved online TechZones, as part of a recent series of web site updates. The TechZones are designed to give design engineers an at-a-glance aggregate view of new products, technical resources and application-specific content. This week, Digi-Key will debut its newest and most comprehensive TechZone – Lighting Solutions - at LIGHTFAIR in New York City.
Digi-Key's TechZones include:
- Lighting Solutions
- Energy Harvesting Solutions
- Microcontroller Solutions
- Power Solutions
- Sensor Solutions
- Wireless Solutions
The new TechZone provide engineers with an at-a-glance aggregate view of product information and highlights, videos, articles, suppliers, reference designs and industry-specific solutions. The easily accessible information saves customers time, making it easy to access products, solutions and technical content directly related to their projects. Localized versions of the new TechZones are accessible on all of Digi-Key's global websites.
Lighting Solutions TechZone
The featured Lighting Solutions TechZone features a compilation of new product content and an easy-to-use component selection tool. The new features of the page include the Product Selector, LED Modules and Light Engines guide along with a comprehensive view of all industry suppliers. New products and component information from all Digi-Key lighting component manufacturers is easy to access in one convenient location versus residing only in the Supplier Marketing Centers.
"By aggregating the TechZone content, lighting industry engineers now have access to the latest and greatest LED products or modules all in one place," said Robbie Paul, Director of Lighting Sales at Digi-Key. "Digi-Key is a one-stop-shop for buyers who want to compare offerings from multiple suppliers while accessing valuable technical information, reference design and informative videos. It's a faster, easier way to research, locate and order parts that are confirmed in stock and ready for next-day delivery."
New features include:
- The central aggregate collection of all Lighting Solutions organizes content by manufacturer, application and component type, making it easy for engineers to access the most relevant products and solutions.
- The LED Modules and Light Engines sections offer the most up-to-date and innovative supplier LED modules and engines. Modules and engines take product development to the next level by simplifying design and reducing cycle time, allowing fixtures and luminaires to be introduced into the market at a faster pace.
- Digi-Key's Lighting Product Selector allows the opportunity for designers to quickly browse and locate components to develop solid-state fixtures and luminaires. Categories include LEDs, drivers, optics, thermals, interconnect and protection devices.
For more information, visit the www.digikey.ee.
About Digi-Key Electronics
Digi-Key Electronics, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than four million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available at www.digikey.ee.