Texas Instruments' TMDS181x is a digital video interface (DVI) or high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) retimer. The TMDS181x supports four TMDS channels, an audio return channel (SPDIF_IN/ARC_OUT), and digital-display control (DDC) interfaces. The TMDS181x supports signaling rates up to 6 Gbps to allow for the highest resolutions of 4k2k60p 24-bits per pixel and up to WUXGA 16-bit color depth or 1080p with higher refresh rates. The TMDS181x can be configured to support the HDMI2.0a standard. The TMDS181x automatically configures itself as a redriver a ta low data rate (< 1.0 Gbps) or as a retimer above this data rate. Redriver mode supports HDMI1.4b with data rates up to 3.4 Gbps.
The TMDS181x supports dual power supply rails of 1.2 V on VDD and 3.3 V on VCC for power reduction. Several methods of power management are implemented to reduce overall power consumption. The TMDS181x supports fixed receive EQ gain or adaptive receive EQ control by I2C or pin strap to compensate for different lengths of input cable or board traces.
- HDMI input port to output port with CDR supporting up to 6 Gbps data rates
- Compatible with HDMI electrical parameters up to 6 Gbps in retimer mode
- Support 4k2k60p and up to WUXGA 16-bit color depth or 1080p with higher refresh rates
- Retimes input stream to compensate for random jitter
- Adaptive receiver equalizer or programmable fixed equalizer
- I2C and pin strap programmable
- Inter-pair skew compensation of 5+ bits
- Single-ended mode ARC support
- Link debug tools including eye diagram after the RX equalizer
- 48-pin, 7 mm x 7 mm x 0.5 mm pitch, VQFN package
- Extended commercial temperature support: 0°C to 85°C (TMDS181)
- Industrial temperature support: -40°C to 85°C (TMDS181I)