Eliminating the need for mating header, Molex's EdgeMate™ power connector offers positive PCB-locking and significant cost savings for wire-to-edge-card terminations in appliance, industrial, and lighting applications. Polarization rib on the connector housing provides fool-proof mating to the PCB whether in locking or non-locking versions. The bifurcated crimp terminal offers 2 points of contact (or secondary paths) for long-term electrical reliability. Reverse side of crimped terminal showing locking tang feature which prevents accidental terminal back-out once inserted into the housing cavity.
|Features and Benefits
- Mates directly to the PCB edge card without a mating header - Reduced inventory, bill-of-material and manufacturing costs without having to invest in headers
- Positive-lock design - Offers strong PCB-to-connector retention
- Bifurcating (dual contact-point) terminals support up to a 7.0 A current - Allows secondary current paths for long-term electrical performance and reliability
- Polarized housing - Ensures correct orientation with the PCB
- Polarized crimp terminal - Ensures correct terminal orientation and insertion
- Connectors without locking features (option) - Versions without lock give greater pricing flexibility to suit customer need