Molex’s MX150L industrial sealed connector system is designed to meet the need for a rugged, environmentally sealed connector system, supporting both low-level signal applications as well as power applications up to 40.0 A, from marine to off-road construction equipment applications. The system is comprised of wire-to-wire, wire-to-panel, and wire-to-board configurations for industrial applications but is not designed for automotive applications such as USCAR-2, USCAR-25, GMW3191, AK testing, J2030, Volvo technology requirements or Toyota connector specifications (TCS).
These innovative mat-sealed connectors are based upon the 1.50 and 2.50 mm blade-type terminals. This design eliminates the need to purchase, handle, and crimp individual wire seals which lowers labor costs. The mat-seal design is a single silicone-based seal with individual wire openings and a seal cap to protect, securely retain, and provide strain relief to the crimp assembly. The cost-effective connector features all-in-one plug and receptacle housings with pre-assembled mat and interfacial seals. Integral terminal position assurance (TPA) and optional connector position assurance (CPA) components ensure proper assembly and engagement. Completing the application is as simple as crimping the appropriate terminal, inserting the crimped terminal, and engaging the TPA to its final locked position. No additional components are required. Tooling solutions include FineAdjust™ crimp press applicators for high-volume production, as well as hand tools for low-volume production and field repairs.
Features and Benefits
- Pre-assembled connector housings and TPA components shipped in one-piece units
- Integral, two-way mat seal on the plugs and receptacles
- Exceeds IEC IP67 “waterproof” requirements for a sealed-connector system; fully tested under submersed conditions in various fluids
- Provides customers design flexibility with wire-to-board, wire-to-wire and wire-to-panel connection capabilities
- Exceeds IP67 requirements and conforms to UL 1977 but is not designed for automotive applications with requirements such as USCAR-2, USCAR-25, GMW3191, AK testing, J2030, Volvo technology requirements, or Toyota connector spec (TCS)
- Meets stringent industry requirements for industrial vehicles
- Integral terminal position assurance (TPA)
- Ensures that crimped terminal leads are properly locked into connector (TPA will not seat into final lock position and connector system will not latch if terminal is not locked properly into position)
- Sealed panel-mount plugs are equipped with blind-hole boss feature
- Eliminates water ingress into connector system up to three feet of water submersion. Reduces extra hardware previously required for waterproof mating