OFF THE SHELF (OTS) CABLE ASSEMBLIES
Prototyping cable assemblies requires tooling to crimp terminals. Therefore, costs generated to prototype a system for UL testing can be significant. Molex off-the-shelf Standard Cable Assemblies help solve tooling start-up costs by providing a completed assembly that meets the IPC-specification design.
Once prototyping is complete, customers typically need to create drawings and assign resources to find a supplier to build cable assemblies for end products. Molex designs off-the-shelf Discrete Cable Assemblies to provide 1-source solutions .This eliminates customers’ design requirements and need to find another vendor to build assemblies.
Various connector challenges can result in end-product failure: mis-mated connectors, terminal backout and other assembly errors. PicoBlade, Micro-Fit*, Mini-Fit Jr. and Ultra-Fit Power Connectors offer premium housing features to prevent mis-mating, reduce terminal backout and reduce operator fatigue during assembly.
Features and Benefits
Discrete cable assemblies with a range of Molex Connectors available off the shelf
- Designed to support development and production programs
- Multi-color cables ensure correct connection
Meets current cable assembly industry standards
- Ensures high quality
- Meets current automotive industry standards
Meets 2011/65/EU RoHS Compliance
- Decreases engineering time and resources
UL 1061 and UL 1007 discrete wires
- Ready to use in electronic appliance applications
- Provide ease of design, prototyping and production
Pin-to-pin mapping from receptacle to PCB header
- Provides ready-to-use, plug-and-play connections