The DNS14 from Wurth Electronics is a reference design for the WLMDU9456008T LED driver that is capable of driving up to 1.5 A output current using a voltage regulated module and an external secondary regulation loop to establish current regulation. The external loop regulates a DC-output current which results in a constant photon flow.
Compared to other solutions with PWM, this solution is less harmful to the eyes due to the constant photon flow, allowing the pupil opening to be the proper size for the light intensity emitted. Depending on the LED flux voltage, up to four LEDs in a series can be connected.
- Input voltage range from 7 V to 24 V
- Output current up to 1.5 A
- Adjustable current from 10 mA to 1.5 A
- Dimming voltage from 0 V (10 mA) to 5 V (1.5 A)
- Current regulation
- Output current ripple typ. < 10 mA
- Output power up to 22.5 W
- Series connected LEDs up to 15 V total flux voltage